Sunday, December 2, 2007

Birthday and We Put Up The Christmas Tree

Today is my birthday. I still have my ticker down at the bottom of the site, the one for days to referral set to my birthday next year. I know at some point I'll change it to 2 years from now, but I want to wait until the first referrals come in 2008 just in case there's a minor speed-up. My girls gave me a couple of cute ornaments, some Blockbuster gift cards, and a Zen daily calendar. A friend took them for the afternoon and evening so I could go to a movie and dinner before my concert tonight. I kind of wish I'd spent the day with them. It was awfully quiet. I saw August Rush. A good movie with sort of an Oliver Twist theme. I didn't have time for a sit-down supper, so got take-out from Leann Chin. Like I said, kind of quiet, but then again, Sundays usually are. Dance was cancelled yesterday because of the winter storm warnings, so we didn't really see anyone.


My horoscope, under "your birthday today" says "There is an exceptional amount of financial luck flowing through your realm this year." Boy do I really hope that's true. Of course it also says "Wedding bells ring in October." Like that would happen. Maybe it means a friend.





Yesterday and today we also worked on putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the living room. This year I decided to get Amanda a stocking and hang it up even though she isn't here or even close to here. I figure she may be born and we're waiting for her, so there you go. Her stocking is hung by the fireplace with care.

5 comments:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you did a lot. Love your tree and stockings. I wish we had a mantel to hang our stockings. I love this time of year!
Hugs...
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com

Gail said...

Happy Birthday Laura! This is a fun time of year and I love your stockings hung with care. I like to think that maybe our little girls are born now or will be born soon too. :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!
I love that you hung a stocking for Amanda. I wasn't going to hang one for Ruthie but a friend gave me one with her name on it yesterday. I think I will hang it up!

Brandi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Glad you got some time to yourself.

Love the tree and the stocking hung by the chimney!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your tree and decorations. I think hanging a stocking for Amanda is a sweet idea.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki