Sunday, November 23, 2008

2 Years or 24 Months Down


I can't believe it's 2 years after my dossier was logged in with the China Center for Adoption Affairs, and I'm still looking at probably at least a 2 year wait, maybe longer. I haven't saved any money. I've pretty much lost hope. There's no reason not to leave my dossier in China as deep down I do believe in miracles. Or rather, I believe if I'm meant to have Amanda, things will work out. It just looks bleak in this ecomony.

Weekend Update:
My neighbor, who's maple leaves fell all over my front yard, told me last night that he contracted someone to rake his front yard so if I wanted to, I could rake my leaves into his yard. I did that this afternoon. I did bag some of them. Made the job much easier. Jessica has started taking a Friday night dance class and then we spent most of Saturday at dance. Anna is dancing in a version of the Nutcracker with the Metro Ballet . They are using "real" Chinese dancers in the Chinese Tea Dance in the dream sequence. Anna actually gets a nice part. There's a rehearsal, with a real orchestra, next Friday and then the performances are next Saturday and Sunday. She's pretty excited!

I never made it to work today, so it looks like I'll have to use one of my vacation days on Wednesday. My daycare provider officially dumped me Friday. She's not even doing before school care anymore. I'm still going to pick up the girls from school. Some days we'll go back to work. Other's I'll try to bring work home. I still haven't figured out all th school release days although I've got some of them covered already. I'm hoping to get some cleaning done this weekend. The girls know the tree isn't going up until I've got at least the living and dining room cleaned.

3 comments:

mandt said...

Sorry about the daycare situation. Hope things work out quickly for you. Waiting with you...
LID 11-23-06

Ashley said...

Some days I can't believe it has been 2 years either! It gets hard when there is no end in sight....but, I still have hope that this will work out.
Hope you and the girls have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kristy said...

Happy 2 year LIDversary!! Everyday is one day closer. God will provide a day care provider for you , I just know he will. Hang in there.

Love, Kristy