Monday, November 3, 2008

Update

Sorry I’ve been so lax in posting anything lately. I’m still having computer issues at home, but I also have been so, so busy. Here I’d hoped I’d be home tonight and now I find out Anna has a Brownie meeting. It’s on the other side of town, so Jessica and I are better off finding something to do rather than going home, as we’d just have to turn around again to pick Anna up.

Dance was the big time commitment leading up to the first weekend in October. Then I was working during every spare minute as I was dealing with an October 15th extended due date for my calendar year plans at work. I typically am very, very busy from Sept 15 – Oct 15th. Once I got that behind me, that next weekend was Chinese Culture Camp through our local FCC. We had a really good time this year. The food was excellent! The only downer was that Anna had a tummy ache. She was able to eat and function, but she asked for me during the breakout of the kids and parents class, so a couple of parents burst into the classroom I was in looking for Anna’s mom. Anna also skipped the disco on Saturday night in favor of watching a movie. We rode up with some friends and that made the drive go quickly.

I didn’t manage to get pumpkins until 2 days before Halloween, and then we were carving them at 5:30 on Halloween. I didn’t get pictures of the girls. Anna put together a costume from her dress-up clothes and went as a Blue Fairy (she could also have been a butterfly with the large wings). Jessica was a Skeleton Bride. She looked more like a Countess of the Dark. We trick-or-treated with friends again this year. Always fun for all of us. The weather was wonderful this year. Some years you can’t even see the costumes because we have to wear winter coats. The girls had to count their candy when we got home. Between the 2 of them, they collected 370+ pieces of candy, some quarters and some pencils and erasers. For my girls it’s all about getting the candy. I don’t think Jessica has eaten any of hers, and Anna has only eaten a few pieces. I think I’ve eaten more.

Saturday we had dance, then met 2 other families at a local indoor park for a picnic and running around (the kids, not us). Sunday I really wanted to stay home, but the girls talked me into going to the Mall of America. We had lunch at the Rainforest Café, then spent a good deal of time at Lego-Land (the girls have put Legos on their Christmas list now), then settled for 2 rides at Nickelodeon Universe. They talked me into doing the Pepsi Streak rollercoaster. I was a little nervous as there are places on the track where you’re sideways. I also barely fit into the seat and ended up in the front car. Was I ever glad when it was over.

I’m so behind in everything! My house is a candidate for Clean House or Clean Sweep. I know I owe lots of people gifts from swaps and I’m so sorry. I just can’t seem to motivate myself. I’ve also really wondered whether I want to just settle for my two girls. I bring it up with them every now and then. They still want 2 more sisters – yikes! But when I go to culture camp or dance or my single mother’s by choice get-togethers, I look at the pre-k or younger kids, and I’m really not sure I want to go there again. I love the ages my girls are now, I really do. But then yesterday I saw a mom carrying what looked like a 3 year old boy and he was so cute. Its really looking like the wait isn’t going to get any shorter. So I’ve got lots of time to wonder what to do. I think that’s why I’ve been pretty silent on my yahoo groups. I’ve always tried to motivate people and right now I want to crawl in a hole and forget I’m even waiting. Most of the time I really don’t think I’ll be getting a third child. I believe everyone else waiting will get their child, I just think maybe I may have to stop at some point.

Anyway, that’s what I’ve been up to lately. I actually don’t have plans yet for Thursday, but I noticed when I left the house this morning that one neighbor’s maple tree had turned completely yellow and was starting to drop (into my yard), and the other neighbor who’s elm tree spans 3 yards had also turned. So it looks like I’ll be raking leaves soon. Those seem to always be the last trees to drop their leaves, so I always have a limited time to rake before the snow starts falling.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Just so you know about this time of year I start raking 3 acres of leaves!!! ugggggg!!!! But the faster the time goes, the faster we get to our babies!!!! I hope you can rest this week, have a good one!

Kristy