Monday, November 22, 2010

Today Marks Month 48


But I'm not longer waiting for a referral, I'm waiting for Travel Approval (TA), and then I can set the time for travel. It will be in February since I can't go in December or January. It's still all so surreal to me. One day I can't wait to go get her and check sites to see the cost of airfare the end of December, and then other days I wonder how I'll ever pay for it all and if I'm doing the right thing for our family. It costs a lot more than it did 9 years ago, plus I feel I need to bring Jessica and Anna with me which adds a lot to the cost. They've waited as long as I have, and I just don't think they'd forgive me for not bringing them along. I promised after all that I'd take them and they've told all their friends. But that was before the ecomony tanked and I actually had a savings account. I trust and pray that it will all work out as it should. Somehow I'll figure it all out.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Laura, I am so sorry you are in this difficult decision, I will pray for you and for you to find a way to take all of you

Lynda said...

My condolences for the loss of your mother. I am happy for you for the referral of your daughter Amanda. We are waiting for our Article 5 and TA to be able to travel to Shanghai for Lauren. She is 5 and at the SWI in Shanghai. Our daughter Hannah is 6 now and was 18 months when we travelled to get her in Dec. 2005. She was from Zhuzhou, Hunan Province. We are very anxious and excited. I look forward to following your journey and wish you the best.

Chrissy said...

Congratulations, it's so exciting to randomly read a blog and hear of current referrals. I am also very sorry about your mother. I just lost my mom on November 4. I know what you mean about feeling like you're in shock. Take care & enjoy your busy time getting ready to travel.