Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thinking about Amanda and Starting to get excited!

Today I've been looking through my links to other families blogs. I really need to delete the links that no longer work and update others. It's sad that so many people we started with and have not gone another route have pretty much given up hope. No one is posting on our yahoo groups. Very few are updating blogs on a regular basis. Many of us are on Facebook, but only make fleeting references to still waiting. I know in another year, those still waiting will be just a small fraction of those who started out. Who would have thought...

Also, I watched a gotcha video from someone who just met their daughter in Shanghai. I need my girls to watch it, too. That time will be difficult for Amanda. The little girl in the video reminded me of the moment I had to leave Jessica (with my mom) when I left for the airport to get Anna. She came in waving, but was also waving goodbye, like nice to meet you, but I'm going back home now. I need to try to remain calm at that moment. And I need to remember to bring a toy or two and food. I also need to try to remember to sit down so we're on the same level.

I ordered a camera, panda bear, and pillow with our photos on it package from Blessed Kids. I think it is supposed to be sent out this week. I also asked them to see if they could get them to take pictures and send them back to us now so we can get updated photos. I sure hope they can do that. I'll keep you posted.

So much to do, so little time. One family posted that they got their TA today and are traveling next week! Same agency as me. I hope we travel at least the Beijing and Guangzhou portion with a group. If we do, that group hasn't even received TA yet.

Anyway, just thinking about Amanda a lot today. I'm starting to get excited although I still have so much to do between now and then. The girls are in a dance production in 3 weeks which will take up our next 3 weekends. Girl Scout cookie season is starting - as "Cookie Mom" to Anna's troop, I have cookie training tonight, and our mandatory 48 hour work week starts on Sunday until the week I leave for China. I'll crash on the plane I think. Maybe once the dance production is done, we can start getting our luggage and packing started. It'll come fast I'm sure. In the meantime, I'm waiting for the girl's updated passports, and my Adam Walsh clearance so I can get my I171H updated. I also need to figure out what to do with my pets while we're gone. Maybe I can get a couple of friends to alternate coming over. That'll wait though. I'm still worrying about finances although I'm up to about $14k available in my 401k - enough to get me there and back, but not necessarily both my girls as well.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So excited for you guys! I remember the feeling so well! I can't wait to finally see Amanda in your arms.
Courtney
www.blaineandchloe.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

I'm am so very excited for you and I can't wait to see this all fall into place and follow you to China. As for old blogs...i'm still around but I notice you have my old blog address under GW Chinababy I deleted that one after our first year. We're still hanging in there with a 53 month wait. Our new blog is www.jolivanafamily@blogspot.com