Saturday, February 5, 2011

Losing Hope of a March 10th Departure Date


My homestudy agency gave me a phone number for the adoption unit of Citizenship Imigration Services, so I called them Monday. They were just pulling applications received on December 17th and mine was sent January 17th. The woman was very nice though, gave me my SIM number and started the process when she saw that it was my free extension. She said they'd assign a fingerprint date on Tuesday and then my letter inviting me to have my fingerprints taken would be sent probably Wednesday. I called back Wednesday and the phone was never answered. So I called back Thursday and found out my fingerprint appointment was March 1st. She said some offices will let you take them earlier, but I definitely need my letter first. So far - no letter. If it comes today, I plan to go down to the fingerprint place on Monday and see if they'll take them. I'm afraid though that since my agency has put a travel group together for those they were able to get consulate appointments for, that I won't be able to travel on March 10th. I had hopes that I still could if I got my fingerprints taken this week, but we're closing in on just one month to go.

If I can't travel March 10th, then I need to extend or get a new travel approval. I emailed my agency with an update yesterday. I hope they just go ahead with extending my TA so when I finally do get my letter and get my fingerprints done, I will be able to travel without having to wait for more updated paperwork. I just start to get nervous now because there's the Trade Fair the last half of April during which many agencies say they won't send groups to China. (Although I adopted Jessica on April 17th, so back in 2000 they sent small groups.) And then there's the May 1st holiday in China where they close down for a week. Worries in the back of my head, but I don't think I'll be running into the middle of April.

No comments: