Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Ups and Downs or Rather the Rollercoaster of Adoption

I got my fingerprint letter on Saturday and went down to see if they would fingerprint me early, like now, and they did!! My agency says they still need the new I-171H in order to request a CA, so I called back the adoption unit of CIS and let them know I'd been fingerprinted. They said my file still hadn't been assigned so they'd see if they could assign it. They took my phone number but haven't called back.

My agency said if I don't get my new I-171H this week, I pretty much have to get a new travel approval. Their Beijing office is closed until Thursday due to Chinese New Year. But I asked them to go ahead and request a new TA so I don't loose any time in case it takes a couple weeks or more to get the new I-171H. I'm glad I did that because they said a new TA could take 4 WEEKS! That would mean I'm probably looking at traveling in April. Okay, so April isn't the end of the world. And it would mean even less daycare expense needed from the time I go back to work until the girls are out for the summer. The weather would be nicer. So there are positives to waiting. It's just XiXi is waiting in the orphanage for us to come and get her. Somehow, even though it's a nice orphanage, it just seems like it might be easier to make her wait if she was still in foster care.

Since I called for my fingerprint letter on Monday and they said they'd mail it the next day and I didn't get it until Saturday, I don't really hold out much hope of getting what I need to travel when I'd planned. At least my kids are okay with it. Jessica would just like me to settle on a date since she's told all her friends that we'd travel in March, and now she's told them it'll be after spring break. Anna really wishes we'd get there for XiXi's birthday. If we end up waiting until April, perhaps we'll have to used Blessed Kids to send her a birthday cake.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am so sorry that you have had the delayment, eventhough you wrote some positive things in the delayment, it still never easy to wait...hang in there