Monday, February 21, 2011

Road Blocks Along the Way


I finally got my updated I-171H that doesn't expire until October, 2012 and that shows my fingerprints don't expire until May, 2012. But then I notice that they still have my old address on it. So I called again today and asked that they reissue it with my new address.

Of course now I'll have to wait for a new TA as my old one is expiring. I don't expect to get that until around March 10th (my original intended travel date and Amanda's 5th birthday).

Now, my agency updated us on holidays and such affecting travel in April. Okay, so there's a Tomb Sweeping holiday on March 31st. They may ask if people can still travel on April 1st, but since their China travel agency is closed, if we left that day, we'd miss the Beijing portion of the trip. I could handle that, but I'm bringing my girls, so they need to see Beijing and the Great Wall. They will also not send anyone on April 14, 21 or 28 because of the Trade Fair in Guangzhou and Labor Day in China. So short of my TA coming by very early March, the only potential travel date is April 7th. That could only happen if I got a consulate appointment on April 18th or 19th because the consulate is closed on April 20th. Last week there was an announcement from the US Consulate in Guangzhou that they would only be taking 24 appointments per day. So I would have to get my TA and be lucky enough to get one of the 48 CA's available. Otherwise, the next travel date is May 5th!

So, one road block after another. I'm still hoping for an April 7th travel date, but also preparing myself for May 5th. Frustrating, but I've done all I can do.
Tomb Sweeping Holiday. Can't get it out of my head.

No comments: