Monday, May 21, 2007

Rollercoaster


Well, I was feeling upbeat last week when the rumors pointed to a really big batch of referrals coming next. Now there's a rumor that CCAA does expect the wait to increase to 3 years. I really need something to keep me busy over the summer! I've started on the training required under the Hague Treaty - 10 hours. I know I may be exempt because I've already gotten my I-600a approval, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and do the training. I'd like to find something that doesn't require spending money, but that's the best thing to take my mind off the wait. It also gives me an excuse to buy stuff. The girls had their dance recital Saturday, so we're pretty much done with dance until dance camp at the end of July. I guess there's a potential performance on June 2nd, but that won't be an all day thing like recitals and performances tend to be. Probably not even as long as class. Language is now done. Religion classes are done. I am looking forward to summer and hopefully some free weekends. This weekend we're going camping. Our first trip of the season. Hope everything works out. It's always a learning curve after the winter to remember how to hook up and put up the camper. We have a popup camper.


So, back to projects. I'm wearing my pedometer every day as I have since the beginning of the year. I don't remember what I'm up to, but I definitely walk more in an average day than I did at the beginning of the year. I know even in 3 years that I can't walk to China. It's 6306 miles from Minneapolis to Beijing. But I want to see how many I can get. Even if the wait ends up being 3 years, I'd still need almost 6 miles/day to walk it by myself. Maybe with the other members of my yahoo groups who are keeping track, we'll make it.


I've proposed a hairbow and bib swap on a small list, but not many takers. I figure you can't have too many bibs, and even if Amanda is old enough to not need bibs, I can still bring them with me and donate them to the orphanage. I suppose I can start working on my tag blanket. I can always continue on the scrapbooks for the quilt squares. And I have some new fabric I need to wash, iron and cut. I should probably come up with another nice wish since I'm mostly participating in swaps and I think a lot of the same people are in the same swaps.


Anna's class is taking a field trip to a farm tomorrow. She's sure excited. Jessica's class will go to the nature center on Thursday. They only have 3 weeks of school left. I haven't heard from Anna's speech or DHH teacher. I thought we were supposed to have a meeting before school ended. I'll probably have to call them.


Thats all I can think of to add for today. Maybe I can get some pictures uploaded tonight as my blog seems to be so much better with pictures. :)))

1 comment:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Hi Laura, I would love to do a hair bow and bib swap. What list did you put it on. I am on both the November and October board. I really would love to do that. I like doing all this stuff, it make the time go by. You might want to post it again and see if anyone would like to do it.
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
DTC 10/4/06
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com
cdjames10@sbcglobal.net