Thursday, November 22, 2007

1 Year LID Anniversary



Okay, so by virtue of it being Thanksgiving Day, I did celebrate my one year LID anniversary with family. The girls had a great time with their cousins and I enjoyed spending time with my nieces, nephew, brothers, sister-in-law and mom. I didn't bring up that it was my 1 year LID. I didn't really want to dwell on it. I never ever dreamed I would have made so little progress in a year. But, it's one year down. One year less I will have to wait. And after hearing tonight that a dear friend has brain and lung cancer, I feel very grateful to still be healthy.

To my DTC/LID groups, I'm sorry I haven't been able to maintain the enthusiasm I had in the beginning. It's so hard to be excited when we have no idea how high the wait will climb to. It could be 2 years from LID, it could climb to 5. Hopefully, things will start looking up in the not too distant future. I'd like to hope my wait won't get longer than 3 years. That's the longest I can even begin to think about right now. I hope we will soon see some sort of speed up. By that I mean, I hope we see more than 4 months of LID's being referred in the coming year.






2 comments:

Angie said...

Laura,

I am so sorry that I am late congratulating you on your huge milestone. Happy 1 Year! We are inching closer....movement, not matter how little, is progress. I just wish we would have a little more movement!
Waiting with you.....

Gail said...

Happy 1 year LID-versary Laura, a little late! We are all in this together. I have good and bad days with the wait, and I couldn't do it without you! :) Gail