Sunday, November 4, 2007

Toothless Anna & Our New Family Member - Jinny

Thursday afternoon Anna went to the dentist who said it looked like her 2 wiggly teeth would fall out within the week. Thursday night I helped get the first one out. Today, the second one came out. Anna was so excited to get her first visit from the Tooth Fairy. I'm sure she'll be awake earlier than normal tomorrow knowing the Tooth Fairy will make her second visit in the night if she doesn't forget.



Thursday night we also decided to pool all of our coins from our piggy banks, and then we rummaged around the house and in the car for every coin we could find. We surprisingly came up with $93.20. So I kicked in the extra so we could go to the Humane Society Friday night and see if they had any kittens we liked. I've really been missing Penny and I just can't afford another dog right now although eventually I intend on getting another one. But I've also been debating on getting a cat for quite awhile now.




We had a really good time looking for the money and then coming up with a list of names. Ginger was the winning name, unless of course we found a black cat. Ginger just didn't seem like the right name for a black cat. So what did we find? A black and white kitten. She's 3 months old. She came with the name Bailey, but while I was filling out the paperwork, the girls decided they wanted to name her Jinny. "J" Jessica wanted, and Jinny is after Ginny Weasley from the Harry Potter books. The kitty is cute, cuddly and playful. The first night was really hard because Lucy, our toy poodle, wanted so badly to play with her, and I felt more comfortable keeping them apart. Lucy whined a good part of the night and I don't function well on no sleep. But she quit that after that first night. Here are some pictures of Anna and Jinny. Lucy is officially Jessica's dog and Jinny is officially Anna's cat. When we get another dog it can be mine according to the girls.




4 comments:

tocspaw said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family from a fellow cat lover! :-) Heather in AZ

Courtney said...

Kittens are so cute, but watch out, they can be very curious and get them selves into a lot of trouble. Blaine is getting ready to loose his two bottem teeth also. I don't think I am ready. He told his friend that when his tooth falls out the tooth fairy will come and leave him a million dollars. I said if that was the case, I was going to start pulling my teeth out for the tooth fairy to take! Courtney B. in LA

Angie said...

OH! I love cats! Jinny is such a cutie and I'm sure will be a great new addition to your family.
Congrats Anna on loosing your first two teeth!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Can I PLEASE have the cat?