Monday, November 12, 2007

Leaves, Leaves and More Leaves





Although the trees in my yard would not require that I rake at all, my neighbors each have trees that require me to rake. The leaves on those trees don't typically fall until mid November, so every year I hope that I can rake before the snow covers them up. Sunday afternoon I decided to try to get as many raked as possible. Of course today its windy and my one neighbor has not raked, so his leaves will be all over my yard by the end of the day. Ugh!

Anyway, I got out my one rake and went back to the garage to do something, and the girls took over. They were raking the front yard with the kiddie rake and mine. So, in an effort to strike while the iron was hot, we went to the hardware store and bought 2 more rakes, so all three of us could rake. I managed to get much of the garage packed to one side so I can get the car in the garage once it starts to snow. (Small garage, minivan, so I only park in the garage when I have to, so snow plows can do the street and my driveway.) While the girls raked and bagged the leaves in the larger half of the front yard, I managed to finish the rest of the yard. I didn't expect to finish more than the front yard, so I was very pleased to get it all done at once. The girls were really helpful this year. Yes, there was some moving leaves from my piles to theirs, and some jumping in the piles, but it was nice that they are big enough now to actually help rather than hinder.



3 comments:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Looks like you had a nice day for raking and the girls look like they are having fun doing it.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Brandi said...

Looks like they were having alot of fun! I agree...gotta take the help when you can get it :)

Angie said...

What great helpers you have! Thankfully, we don't really have to rake because it ranks right up there with mopping for me! YUCK!! Great pictures of the "helpers"!