Thursday, June 12, 2008

School's Out.

The girls are out of school now. So I guess I officially have a 4th grader and 2nd grader now. Wow, seems like yesterday I was in China meeting each of them for the first time. Jessica is already missing her teachers, school and friends. Anna goes to a birthday party today, so although she really misses school, it's not quite the same. Also, Jessica will be going to a different school in the fall. They split up the elementary schools in our district into a Kindergarten-3rd grade, and 4th-6th grade schools.

Tuesday the school had a carnival and picnic day. I volunteered in the morning as that's when my girls were doing the carnival. They set up stations that all the kids go through from face painting to a water balloon toss to a space jump. I helped man the space bounce which is the same thing I did last year. The first 45 minutes was wild as they scheduled a kindergarten and 1st grade class at the same time. So we had to get through about 40-45 kids in only 15 minutes. It calmed down tremendously once we got to just one class at a time. It was still only about 2-2.5 minutes for each group. The kids always love this last day. I always wonder why they have to go to school when they don't really do anything those last days. Although Jessica's teacher was teasing the kids that they had to go back after lunch and take round 2 of a bunch of tests.

I intended to eat lunch with both my girls, but after telling Jess I'd meet her in the park, I found out Anna's class was going back to their room to eat. So I went through the lunch line with Anna, and met Jessica's class in the neighboring park. They were sitting on a set of bleachers, so I went to sit down and fell backward onto the ground. I was so embarrassed! Luckily no one laughed. Just call me Grace! Anyway, my neck hurts a little now, but it could be from something else, too.



So now the girls go to my home daycare provider for most of the rest of the summer. They've got a bunch of workbooks on reading and math, a reading log, and lots of books to hopefully read this summer.

Tonight I need to shop, pack, and start to get ready for our camping trip. And I tried to get some of the house cleaned. My girls were in bad moods last night and wouldn't help me at all. I made them pinky swear they'd help me tonight or they'd have consequences.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kiddos grow up so fast, don't they?

Have a great time on your camping trip! Hope the pinkey swear did the trick!!