Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Harry Potter & Webkinz




So I've decided to jump on the Harry Potter craze and read the books. I hadn't read any before and since Jess is getting close to an age where she might want to read them, I thought I'd read them first. Found them on a pretty good deal on amazon. I started the first one Saturday night and finished it Sunday night. I started the second one last night and am about a third of the way through. They're easy reads so far, but the books get longer after these. Now I want to see the movies!

My girls have barely read anything all summer and I figure if I sit and read some books, especially ones they've heard of, it might encourage them to pick up a book, too. Right now they are totally into their Webkinz. They got a letter and a gift from someone last night. I may need to check into that a little more, too.



1 comment:

Angie said...

My boys didn't read much over the summer either...no excuse...they were just busy with other stuff. I haven't read the Harry Potter books and neither have my boys. They have never asked to but I'm with you...I think I would have to read them first.
All the little girls around here are into the Webkinz too.