Monday, August 6, 2007

Summer Blues and the Weekend

Friday I brought the girls to dance, freaked a little still driving over the river bridges. They did a recital to for all the parents at 4:30 since it was the end of their 2 week camp and to show everyone what they'd learned. It was nice. Then we went to a Chinese buffet with another family.

Saturday we were supposed to go to the waterpark with friends, but it was kind of cold and very dreary especially considering how the weather has been. Too cold to go swimming in an unheated pool. So I sat around and basically did nothing. I was very down. I didn't even walk 1000 steps on Saturday. How pathetic is that?! I'm down about the long wait, but to be honest, I can't afford the travel/China portion of the adoption fees at this point. I don't even know where I'd come up with them, so in a way, the wait is a good thing. Part of me thinks I may go through this long wait, get my referral, and then have to back out.
Either that or I won't be able to take anyone with me to get Amanda. I promised Jessica I would take her and Anna is planning on it too although she knows she's not promised it. Could I take any time off at all? I don't get any paid leave, just whatever vacation days I take. Will I be able to afford daycare? My current daycare situation is kind of up in the air since she now only has school age kids and is looking for a new job/career. I know she wants to continue to take the kids, but if she gets a day job, I'll be scrambling. I don't want to make other plans though as I love my daycare provider. I've been with her for 7 years and would prefer to stay with her. I'm just nervous that she may not have a choice and decide to hang it all up leaving the other mom and I to scramble. I know that's a big part of my current "blues". That and money. I never seem to have any.

Anyway, I needed to snap out of my Saturday mood, so on Sunday I read the paper for the first time in a really long time and then decided to take the girls to a movie. It wasn't nice enough for the waterpark, so we decided on a movie to see "Hairspray". Jessica loved it and wants to know when it will come out on DVD. Anna enjoyed it, but didn't understand it as much. I was a little worried about the subject matter because it takes place in 1962 and deals with segregation, but Jess has studied about Martin Luther King, Jr. in school, so totally understood the whole premise.

No comments: