Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Had An Adoption Dream

The other night I had an adoption dream. I dreamt that I was offered a child either born in the fall of 1996 or one born October 18, 2008. If neither was okay, I could have gotten a child born September 30, 2005, but they really wanted me to have the one born in October, 2008. I thought about it and I did not want to disrupt birth order, Jessica has to remain the oldest, that I'm sure. I kind of wanted the one born in September, 2005, but I'm not sure why she wasn't available or why they didn't really want me to have her. Maybe she was meant for someone else. So in my dream, I took the one born October 18, 2008.

Of course that's not the way it happens in China. You don't get to choose, you just get a referral which you accept on faither unless there is a really good (medical) reason for declining.

So, do you believe in dreams? If so, does this mean Amanda might be born in late 2008, meaning I won't get her referral until probably late 2009? Does this mean referrals might come in October, 2008? Is this just another wacky adoption dream (I've had them with each wait) with no significance at all to the dates? What do you think? I'd like to believe there's some significance. But when I was waiting for Jessica I had a dream I was at the airport and they insisted I adopt a 16 year old blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy from Norway. When I was waiting for Anna, I dreamt went to my college where the children were all waiting for us to pick them up. I came late and my child was named Alexander. Another blue-eyed, blonde-haired boy but this time from Russia. He had a stinky diaper and was running all over and I couldn't catch him. I didn't have any diapers or pull-ups with me and all the clothes I had were pink. Neither of these dreams had any significance other than the dream with Anna, I had just put away summer clothes and I had thought, what if I get a boy and I have all these pink clothes?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd file it under "weird and unsignificant dreams" Dreams can be so weird, you wonder how that thought came into your head!