Saturday, February 2, 2008

It Feels Good to Have FINISHED Something!

Here's Jessica modeling the scarf I knitted for myself and a baby blanket I knitted for Amanda. I guess I was motivated by the really cold weather we were having as I finished the scarf in 3 nights. It's warm and very soft.



And then I decided to use the same yarn to make a winter baby blanket. I guess I made it more for a toddler. Actually Jessica wants it, but I think I'll save it for Amanda unless I get motivated enough to make one for her and Anna. The yarn is a little spendy or else I'd be making them for my Pay-it-forward project.

Anyway, it feels really good to have finished something. When you have kids, especially more than one, laundry and dishes are a never ending project. You may finish either one, but by the next meal or by bedtime, there's more to do. The house never stays clean for more than a day either. Same with the yard. I hope to continue my current obsession with knitting for awhile. Then I hope to move on to re-doing the playroom and the girls' bedroom. We're going to change the playroom from a Cinderella theme to Harry Potter. Jessica wants her bedroom to loose the pink (even though she chose it) in favor of blue or green and pandas. Now I need to start looking for more panda stuff for the walls and where in the world do I find panda bedding? I bought a panda quilt in China when I was at the Great Wall, and I put rings on it so I could hang it on a curtain rod on the wall. I hope to take colors, etc. from there. On the other hand, Jessica has some definite ideas about what she wants, too, so I need to see what she and Anna can agree upon.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yes, you're absolutely right! With kids, nothing is ever finished!

Beautiful scarf & blanket! I wish I could figure out how to knit. You did a great job!

Pam and Jeff said...

Wow!!! Your work is beautiful!!!!
Pam

Gail said...

I'd love to learn how to knit, I agree the scarf and blanket are beautiful!