Monday, April 7, 2008

Adoption Related Items


Referrals are arriving for those logged in from January 5, 2006 - January 9, 2006. I'm happy for those families finally receiving their referrals, but geez, only 5 days?!! No referrals again this month for my agency. I doubt they'll double up next time.

Friday my homestudy agency sent my request for the free one time extension of my I171-H to the BCIS (formerly known as the INS). So, it's been 18 months as of the end of this week or beginning of next, I foget the exact date, since I got my original approval. Since this approval is only good for 18 months, I'm assuming I'll have to get it approved again, only next time it'll cost me. I think finger prints are only valid for 15 months, so I know I'll have to do that again. Right now, I'm waiting for my letter telling me when I can go in and get them done again.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

good luck with the update. We fully expect to have to do it a third time, too.

and yes, 5 days did sting a little.
My agency did not have any referrals this batch, either.

hope you and your girls have a great weekend.