Monday, April 7, 2008

Long Weekend

I took Thursday and Friday off to do something fun with my kids since they were on spring break. Each day we stayed in our pajamas until about noon. Thursday we went to eat at the Panda Buffet, then we shopped at the Unique Thrift Shop for some spring clothes for the girls. We decided on Tacos for supper and then relaxed the rest of the evening.



Friday, we went to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America. We ran into a friend and her daughter which was nice. We don't see them all that often and us mom's got a little bit of time to chat while the girls did some rides. We spent most of the afternoon there, took a break, then went back for the evening. I knew they needed to do at least 6 rides to pay for the armbands and I think they ended up closer to 15 rides. Yesterday they pulled the map and were talking about which rides they might be brave enough to do next time. Jessica is thinking about the rollercoaster that turns while going forward. Anna is thinking about the one with the verticle climb and verticle drop before going into various corkscrews. They had a great time and didn't have a meltdown until we were safe at home. I sent them directly to bed as they were tired from so much stimulation.



Saturday and Sunday we were pretty much back to our regular routine. Saturday was dance and Sunday we had Lucy's obedience training (that's right, Lucy decided to take a little run now that the snow has melted and it was SPRING!), and then I had a concert last night.

Today is back to school, Brownies, and the start of swimming lessons. It's also the start of our Medica 360 degree challenge. I stopped and bought fruit and vegetables on my way to work. It's Eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies, Sleep 7 hours/night, Take 10 minutes to relax, Move 30 minutes a day, and take time 4 me. We've got 30 people here at work doing it. Today they're serving some veggies in the kitchen and the rest of the week we have 10 minute walks scheduled at 1:30 each day. I think we're having speakers once a week and presentations set up each week. A diversion, and maybe it'll kick-start my weight loss efforts for the spring.

No comments: