Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update

I keep meaning to take pictures of hairbows, secret buddy gifts, knitting projects, etc., but haven't gotten around to it.

Saturday we did 2 shifts for Kids Against Hunger. We did one shift with friends and some Brownies from Anna's troop, and another shift with Jessica's Brownie troop. I think the total was 128,000 packages to be sent to a church in Tanzania to distribute. The girls love doing this. I think we need to figure out how to make it a regular project. We also had dance which the girls loved, and then we actually made it this month to the SMC (Single Mothers By Choice) meeting. The girls wanted to go and had a fun time. It usually conflicts with something, but ran into the evening this time.

Sunday I finished my taxes and luckily I am getting some money back although I have to pay in to state. I also filled up my van - $75 in gas!!! And we missed Lucy's obedience class because we lost track of time. Oh, well, we haven't been practicing what we're supposed to.

Last night the girls had swimming lessons. They both love to swim. I stayed and chatted with another mom. I probably should have gone for a walk, but it was nice to stay and chat with someone.

I still haven't heard anything regarding renewing my fingerprints. I think my I-171H expired over the weekend, so I hope getting my request in before it expired was good enough. My homestudy agency sat on my homestudy update for several weeks and never contacted me. I was remembering last night that 8 years ago, I was on a plane bound for Beijing. On my way to get Jessica.

I'm behind on mailing out projects again. I need to send something to my secret buddy, secret pal, pay-it-foward recipient, and 2 spring swaps/cybershowers. I think that's it for this month.

Jessica is taking her MCA (Minnesota Comprehension Assessment?) test starting today. I think reading is today and tomorrow and math is next Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope they let the parents know the scores. Jessica was nervous. I know she'll do fine and I think she does, too, but she was still nervous. I made sure she had a good night's sleep, good breakfast, and she was wearing something comfortable. Oh, and we didn't have to rush this morning for once.

Next week the girls have their Imagination and Inventors Fair for their school, so I suspect we'll be working on projects over the weekend. Anna wants to do a volcano, like Jessica did last year. So at least we know how to do one now. Jessica wants to do something robotic. I ordered a couple of beginner kits which should be arriving in the mail this week. I'm anxious to see how it works. We thought about bringing Sophie, but if the weather's nice, my kids will stay at their table long enough to do their interview and then they'll be running off with friends, so I need something I can handle or something they don't need to be there for. A frisky puppy and an erupting volcano is too much for me to handle at the same time.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Your life is like mine, busy,busy.busy!!!! Remember to take a day for yourself ok.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Brandi said...

Sounds like you're staying busy!

The girls had MAP tests last week and a couple days this week. I think today is their last day. They've about had enough of it, I think!


Doesn't it just make your stomach turn to fill up the gas tank anymore? Ridiculous!

Have a good week!