Monday, April 28, 2008

Life Lately

UGH! I just wrote a really long post and it got lost in cyberspace!

Anyway, this weekend my modem wasn't finding a signal, so I couldn't post any pictures. The phone was also fuzzy, so perhaps it was my phone line. I'll have to check that out further and see if things are working again.

Last Thursday was the Imagination and Inventor's Fair for the girls' school. Anna made a volcano and was very proud of it. I brought 2.5 gallons of vinegar and 2 packages of baking soda and we still ran out of "juice". Jessica (and I) made a snail "robot" that followed a wiggly black line. It was a huge hit! Her teacher asked that she bring it to class some day. I helped set up and for once everyone acknowledged me, knew I'd been at most PTAO meetings and knew I was always the first to arrive for volunteer duty for the Fair. It felt really good to be noticed as I'm usually invisible.

The girls have a dance recital on May 17th. For once Anna is the one in more than one dance and she has extra rehearsals on Friday night and Mother's Day morning.

Sunday the girls had a Badge Workshop. Anna earned 2 try-it patches and Jessica worked on Jr Girl Scout badges because she'll be bridging from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts at the end of May. Then we ended up having a private dog obedience lesson for Lucy since we were the only ones who were there. Heather worked with the girls to make sure they understood how important it was for them to also help. Lucy was great and so were Jessica and Anna.

Tonight we have swimming lessons again. They run through the first Monday of June. I forgot to pack my knitting, so I'll have to find something else to do. Wednesday we have our last religion class, but it's really just a potluck supper. I have to bring a salad or main dish, so I'll have to think of something fast and easy. Then Sunday, we have to help serve for the First Communion reception. The 1st grade parents always help.

I really want to do a garage sale this spring, but I can't seem to get motivated. Perhaps its this weather. It was 77 degrees here Wednesday and by Saturday morning, there was a layer of snow on the ground. It's only 37 right now.

I'm also wondering what to do about the bus next school year. Jessica will go to a different school as they have K-3 and 4-6 schools in our district. The 4-6 school's start time is much later, for bussing purposes than the K-3. The girls currently get on the bus at 8:07 and next year Jess won't get on the bus until 9:00. Right now she's not ready to get herself on the bus. I was thinking maybe I could get Anna on the bus, drive to work, then call Jess and tell her to go wait for the bus. She wants to take the bus from our house (rather than daycare), but doesn't want to wait alone. I've asked her who else is on her bus, so that maybe we can see if the parents are okay with her waiting with a friend. I know I'd be fine if anyone asked us, but it would be every day, so I don't know what someone else might think. I've also thought about getting the girls up early (good luck!) and bringing them to daycare to take the bus from there. Then I could leave work early, pick Anna up at daycare, and be home by the time Jessica would since a late start time = a late release time. Good thing I've got the whole summer to think about it. Jessica, too.

I can't believe the school year is winding down. May is always so busy and I always have such high hopes for getting things done over the summer. I guess we'll see. And now my children don't like it when I talk about them, so I have to be careful relating anything not wonderful about them. Let's just say one of my kids was a real pill last night due to being tired. And both were pretty much at each other's throats most of yesterday. Good thing we had the badge workshop and "Lucy's school". I hope today goes better.

No comments: