Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Newest Member of Our Family

Introducing Sophie!



I've been checking the websites of the poodle rescue place where we got Lucy, the local Humane Society, and Petfinders.com for a long time now. It's not often you find any toy poodles available let alone puppies. A shelter less than an hour away listed 6 toy poodle puppies on Monday. Wednesday night we decided to go look at them. Yes, I knew if we looked, we'd be coming home with one which is why I brought a kennel with us. Anna asked twice if we could have all of them. Not in our small house although it was really hard to just pick one and leave the others behind. I told the others I was sorry, but we could only pick one and this little one was the first to come over to each of my girls.



I was going to name the puppy Daisy, but after getting her, I decided she looked more like a Sophie. The girls agreed. Sophie is going to be my dog since Lucy is Jessica's, and Jinny is Anna's.


She's been a good girl so far. She's a little scared and I would say she's "anxiously attached". She wants me to hold her just about all the time although tonight she was playing more with the girls. She also is under foot if I walk anywhere or take her outside. But we've only had her for a little over 24 hours now. I did let her sleep with me last night. I knew if I didn't she'd be crying most of the night and I wanted my sleep and that ended up working well although she likes to climb on my head and chew on my hair a little.



I debated many times throughout Wednesday and even on the way there as to whether I really wanted another dog and specifically a puppy. Now that I have her home, I'm glad I have her. She's been very easy to take care of so far. Maybe after having kids, it's easier. I did worry and come home during lunch. She was fine, but dumped over her food and water dish. I kept her in a kennel during the day for now anyway. I think she'll be a good dog. My first apricot one. Lucy is enjoying Sophie and Sophie likes wrestling with Lucy. Sophie isn't sure about Jinny though. What is that thing?

8 comments:

Pam and Jeff said...

Congrats!!!! You all look SO happy!!!
Pam

Michelle said...

Awwwww.she's a cutie! Hey, I think I owe you a gift from the "Pay it Forward" challenge I did. Can you e-mail me your address? scrappermg(at) cox(dot)net
Thanks!

Merrill said...

Sophie is adorable!
Merrill

Gail said...

Congratulations, she is so cute!!!

Ashley said...

Such a cute puppy!! Her apricot color is so pretty. Have fun with her!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What cute dogs... I need a cat myself... take care

Kristy said...

She is precious!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

So cute, so much fun and loving! You have a lot to take care of!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06