Friday, March 7, 2008

We Had So Much Fun!

Last night we joined another family and packed meals at their church for Feed My Starving Children. In a 2 hour shift, a group of about 120 people packed 67,000 meals!!!! The girls loved it so much that we're going to try to go back tomorrow morning for another 2 hour shift. Their goal was to pack 1,000,000 meals this week and I'm sure they'll make it. So much fun, so much energy in the group, and a nice way to show my kids that volunteering is a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I had to read that a second time! That is AWESOME!!!!

Love, Kristy

Angie said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I, too, think it is important to show our children how to volunteer and give back to our communities.
Keep up the good work, Mom!

Gail said...

How nice!
Having fun while helping others.
Great job!

p.s.
You asked about my blog design.
Go to my sidebar and click on Artistree button.
Thanks for stopping by.