Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy This Month




Last week Jessica had Chinese dance camp. I was the morning carpool mom, so had to drop off Anna at daycare, pick up 2 girls in one suburb, 2 girls in another, then get them all to dance about 30 minutes away. Most mornings I got there even before the teacher, so we had to wait until she came to unlock the door. That's only because I got up an hour earlier. It's hard though, to get up an hour earlier, and then get to work 1-1.5 hours later than usual. This week I only pick up one other family and both my girls are going, so it's a lot easier. Then on Tuesdays, we try to fit in Jessica's trumpet lesson. She's really liking learning to play the trumpet. She wants to continue trumpet lessons and would like to stop swimming lessons. I'm not sure which direction I'll go. I'd like her to continue with swimming, but she knows how to swim. Right now, she'd stay in Level 4 until learning all the different swimming strokes. Clearly not as much fun for a kid.




We also went tent camping with my Single Mother's By Choice group. By Saturday afternoon, we had 9 moms and 10 kids. The kids ranged in age from 3-9. Fun, but crazy. We've had unseasonably cold nights and I didn't get a lot of sleep Saturday night because I was so cold. We really shouldn't need more than a sleeping bag in August! Many of the moms went on a boat trip or to a state park to climb rocks. We just hung around and took a little trip to the nearest town for ice cream. I wanted a nice relaxing trip after all the driving I did last week and will do again this week.


Unfortunately, I'm one of the few who didn't see the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I found someone at work who taped it though, so hopefully she'll be able to bring the tape in tomorrow so the girls and I can watch it. Did you see the synchronized diving last night?! It was INCREDIBLE!!! I've never seen synchronized diving before. I love all the diving, but that was something else. My girls got quickly turned on to the olympics as well once they saw the Chinese team. They root for China in every event and are bummed if they aren't in a swimming heat or if they don't do well. Anna also likes USA (she pronounces it like "you-sa", but I told her she better say America or Jess and I will quickly pick up on her Anna-ism).


1 comment:

Twice Blessed China Mom said...

You're inspiring me with your camping photos! I'm a single mom, too, and my older daughter wants to go camping! I only had one camping trip and it wasn't pretty! I know there are camping sites in the Virgin Islands, so I'm holding out for a trip there!!!
Jeana