Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Update

Did I mention I have Fridays off in July and August? A reward for working 48 hour weeks from mid-January to Mid-March. So we started off Friday morning by going to the audiologist to get Anna's new earmold and earhook. I'm pretty certain it was Sophie who somehow got the to hearing aids and decided they'd make a tasty treat. Luckily she only ate off a small part of one earmold and the earhook. Both fairly easily replaceable for not a huge cost and Anna was able to still use her hearing aid while waiting the 10 days for the new mold to be made. And I'm proud to say I didn't over react this time. Yes, this time. Last year one of the dogs got to both earmolds. There was a lot of yelling and screaming about putting hearing aids in a safe spot, the cost, etc. that time around. Anyway, Anna now has a new mold with similar colors - orange, green and yellow swirls.

After our audi visit, I brought the girls to daycare, did a little garage saleing, went to Michaels since yarn was on sale, then went home for a bit. I decided rather than try to clean the house, I should attempt to enjoy my Fridays off, so I went to a movie. A couple of weeks ago, I saw Mama Mia - loved it - such a fun, feel-good movie. This time I couldn't decide between The Dark Knight, and The Mummy (purely because it involved the Terra Cotta Warriors), so I let the guy selling tickets decide for me. He said definitely The Dark Knight. What can you say about this movie?! The acting was incredible and it was a good movie?? But very disturbing. Definitely "dark" and definitely not a movie for tweens or younger.

Friday night we hung out at home and watched College Road Trip.

Saturday, Anna had a birthday party at the IMAX at the zoo. I'm sure she had fun, but it's hard to do a quick drop off when 100,000+ other people are going to the same place and they've got people directing traffic. Jessica and I then eventually found a shopping center where I got her some new clothes for school. Anna was actually invited to another birthday party of another good friend at the same time but entirely different place. She really wanted to try to make both, but there was just no way. Instead, we babysat the birthday girl and her big sister that evening.

Sunday, dance started. Anna has dance class on Sundays from 12:30-2:30 and Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 for the rest of August. I still haven't decided on whether to send her to dance camp next week in addition to these classes. It looks like a small group, so maybe. I only paid my daycare the fee as if she wouldn't be going to daycare. It's just hard to have to pay daycare and dance camp when she only goes to one. Jessica will be at dance camp (daycamp) this week and next. Then she'll also have class on the last 2 Saturdays of the month. It was originally Saturday and Sunday, but is now down to a longer time on Saturday. This month is all about dance. I'm glad to see the gas prices are down a bit since I'll be using so much more.

This morning, I brought 5 girls to dance and only one was mine. Good thing I have a . My schedule said they started at 8:30, so we arrived before 8:15 to get all checked in, but no one else was there and the place was all locked up. The teacher didn't arrive until 8:30. So 2 treks through rush hour traffic and I'm late for work. I guess I'll be using up some of my short-term absence or vacation since I can't just work longer. I still have to pick Anna up at daycare at the same time. I probably should be picking her up earlier since I'm dropping her off earlier. Oh well...

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!