Thursday, August 21, 2008

Giving Them Wings

Okay, so I let Jessica and a friend ride their scooters to Jessica's new school. It's 2 blocks up and 6 blocks over. They cross a busy street at a 4-way stop. Jess started on her bike, but the tire pretty much fell off the wheel so they came back and got scooters. Jessica took her cell phone and called me when they got there.

My baby's growing up. I know I used to walk 8 blocks to school starting in kindergarten, but times are different. I was proud of myself to let them go. And they were pretty excited that they could do it. The friend lives across the street from the school, but is in a different suburb, so won't ever go to school there.

Just another step in giving her wings. Now, any ideas on how to fix this bike???

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hi Laura,
I have never seen anything like that before, I think I would take it to a bike shop and let them fix it. I wanted to let you know that I have changed and moved our blog. You have us on your list under GW ChinaBaby - we're now Life as We Wait at his link http://thejolivanafamily.blogspot.com. I have decided to move forward with a new one because of our 2nd year in waiting as of 08-08-08. So please still continue on following our journey at our new site. You may want to delete the old and add the new. Thanks again for adding us to your blog favorites.
Sherri