Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, XiXi (Amanda)!!

Today is my baby's 5th birthday. She sits in an orphanage in Shanghai while we still wait to go and get her. Today was also supposed to be the day we left to get her until I was denied a consulate appointment because my fingerprints were expiring. How I wish I could be with her and hug her and tell her Happy Birthday! I feel bad because we're not coming yet. I feel bad because I didn't send her a cake and card. I feel bad because at one point I relayed the message to the orphanage that we were planning to get her in March and I don't know if they've told her anything yet. A sad day for me. It hit me really hard this morning.




Happy Birthday, XiXi. I hope you have a great day. We will be celebrating all future birthdays with you. And we're coming. It's just been out of my control.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Happy belated birthday Amanda, this will be your last one that you are not with your family.

Sherri said...

I would like to wish Amanda, a Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry you couldn't be with her, but this is her last birthday without you.