Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Got the bill, it's higher than I thought!

By a little over $1,000 even with my adjustment for the new added fees my agency added the middle of last month. We needed an extra half day in the hotel in Shanghai due to a late departure time, airfare from Shanghai to Guangzhou was higher than I expected, and they are charging an extra amount per day for the 2 extra days in Beijing. Seems the agency is nickling and diming every little thing. Their portion covering guides, buses, and whatever else they do (meaning it doesn't include any airfare or hotel fees), is now just under $4K. Big increase - actually that alone was the low end of travel expenses including hotels and in-China airfare in the travel guide they sent me in December! I really thought having twice as much as last time I went - for the travel portion (airfare, in-China, adoption fees, orphanage donation) would cover it. Maybe I was naiive, but I had more than double what it cost last time so thought I was okay. I'd probably still be fine if I had more paychecks between now and travel, but I don't. I already paid for airfare so unless something tragic happens, we plan on leaving as scheduled.

No comments: