Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday


Today we went to Yuntai Garden in the morning followed by lunch at another Cantonese place. This afternoon was more wandering around Shamian Island checking out the new places - Susan's, Emma's, Jordon's, etc. For supper, I just got some noodle bowls for the girls from the local 7-11. Much more relaxing day. Amanda was great today. She held my hand going down to breakfast, let me walk her around so she could point to what she wanted. She was hanging out with the 6 year old who's new brother is also from Shanghai. I got some hugs tonight and the girls put almost every one of Amanda's hair dealies in my hair. I wish every day could be like today.

The bad part of today is that when I confirmed my flights home, I found out Delta has cancelled all flights between Guangzhou and Tokoyo until July because of the earthquake in Japan. I had our guide help me figure out what to do. Delta wanted me to take a flight from Hong Kong. But they would not pay for the train ride from Guangzhou to Hong Kong and the night in the hotel in Hong Kong because of the early flight. I already paid for the last night at the White Swan and since Delta cancelled the flight figured they needed to figure out how I was going to make the Tokoyo to home flight. So now we're taking a later flight from Guangzhou to Tokoyo with China Southern airline. We only have an hour to make the connecting flight which Delta thinks is enough. Some prayers and crossed fingers that we don't run into any problems with the flight. Tomorrow we get up early for our 8:30 U.S. Consulate appointment.







1 comment:

ashley said...

Sounds like things are going really well! I hope your flight homes goes smoothly!