Tuesday, April 19, 2011


Today Amanda and I got up early as we had to be on the bus to the US Consulate by 7:30. I let Jessica and Anna sleep in. Amanda wasn't happy, cried and whined down to breakfast, but decided she'd cooperate. By the time breakfast was over, she held my hand to meet by the elevators. Slow and steady.

The Consulate appointment went well up until the point where they said they didn't get my updated I-171H with my correct address. I spent weeks getting that corrected at home and thought it was all corrected. I tried to keep my emotions in check but as soon as the director of the adoption unit at the consulate asked me if all was well, I started crying. Couldn't help it. Yesterday I had t deal with finding a new way to Tokoyo and today I have a glitch in getting Amanda's visa which we need for Amanda to come to the US. The director assured me it would get worked out, that Amanda was still mine (I knew that, but emotions run high). So I had to go back to the hotel room, find my I-171H, call my agencies emergency number, then forward the email I'd originally sent them with the correct form, then wait. (This morning, Wed morning) I did get an email that the form followed it's way through official channels (USCIS to NBC to NVS to the US Consulate in Guangzhou) by 4:41 central US time. So my guide should be able to pick up Amanda's visa this afternoon.

After that our group met to take a Red Couch picture (always have to do that at the White Swan). And then I took the girls out for lunch since Jessica and Anna missed breakfast. Did a little wandering around looking at the shops, then took the girls swimming. We met the group for a group supper and I couldn't keep my eyes focised while trying to write in my journal, so gave up and called it a night. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Today is a free day as 4 of our 6 families have consulate appointments today and then our guide pick's up Amanda's and the other famillies visas at 3:30. Tomorrow we leave for home. It will be a long day with flights, but I think we're all ready to quit living out of a hotel room and get home. Not many pictures from yesterday, so I'll include Monday nights playing with mom's hair, the red couch, and the pool.




No comments: