Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday

This is our last day in China. I am sad to leave because I don't know when we will ever come back. But I am also very anxious to get home and start our lives as a family Today was a quiet day. We had a nice breakfast, went out for a small lunch, and a final group supper at Lucy's. In between, we mostly hung out in the hotel with the girls playing. Amanda kept getting me to look at her jumping around, writing her alphabet, or coloring. We did a lot of high 5's. There were a few tears when I got her breakfast instead of one of her sisters, or when she was turning off the bathroom light while Jessica was in there and Anna tried to stop her. But for the most part, those tears were short lived and she was happy - we all were happy. She was also looking for lots of approval from me which was nice. Tomorrow we leave the hotel at 7:00 a.m. so this will be my last post from China.

I've really enjoyed the whole trip although there were some really tough times and some challenges along the way. It was nice to share this with Jessica and Anna as well, and I'm sure that having all 3 of my girls here is what made it so enjoyable to me.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I hope you have a safe trip home. I agree that it probably helped Amanda to have her sisters there and she is now used to them, so hopefully it won't be a hard adjustement for her when she gets home.

Merrill said...

Loved reading the updates. Your daughters are beautiful. Best wishes on the next part of your journey - coming home.
Merrill