Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ant House, Secret Buddy Gift, Lucy, and latest referrals

Our ant farm fell off the table the other day (I think Lucy was trying to get to something on the table and knocked it off), so last night the girls found some treasures and decided to make an "ant house" out of them. I believe the leaf is a hosta leaf, then they used rocks and flowers/flower petals and taped them all down on our steps.




I received my June gift "nature's blessings" from my Oct2006DTC Secret Buddy. I had an order to open them. 1st, play clothes for playing outside, 2nd, a bubble toy to play outside, 3rd, bath toys for the bath that will be needed afterward. Jessica and Anna also got Hello Kitty stickers. What a great secret buddy I have!





Here's a picture of my girls with Lucy. She's almost 2 and we got her last September. She has her test on Sunday for beginning obedience. I'm not so sure she'll pass, but she's getting so much better, so much calmer. We love her.



Yesterday referrals came. For LIDs from all of November 2 - November 7. At this rate, it'll take a good 4 months to get through November. I wonder what the future holds. Will referrals continue to slow down? Will they eventually speed up? Will China make some other changes for the better or worse? I just can't see people hanging in there with China if the pace continues to slow down unless they already have a child (or 2 or 3) from China. I know if I was a first time parent, I'd seriously look at my other options. I'm in it for the long haul though. I've already waited 4 years, so what's another 2. Meaning I really would have liked to start the paperchase in 2003, but I just couldn't handle the fanancial part. Meaning I've thought of Amanda every single day for the last 4 years. Yes, I'm in it for the long haul. If I've kept the dream alive for 4 years, I can certainly handle another 2 or more if I have to. And yes, I still think of her every single day!

No comments: