Monday, June 18, 2007

What Next? A Mom's Life!


Saturday morning the girls got up early, got dressed to surprise me, then started fighting. I got up and saw one of Anna's hearing aids on the floor by the bed minus earmold and tubing. After much searching, I found the other aid under the dirty clothes pile and the other earmold on the other side of the bed. Both earmolds were missing the tubing and had the section that goes into the ear bitten off. Seems the aids had fallen off the box they are usually kept in and Lucy decided they might be a treat. All this by 7:30 a.m. I found a cracked earmold for one ear and one that's 3 years old for the other ear, so she could at least hear. Thinking we'd be able to get in today to get new impressions made. The molds themselves take 10-14 days to make. But no! My audiologist is out of town this week. The other one we see for hearing tests is a school audi and she's busy with summer school this week and on the other side of town. I left a tearful message to an audi we used to see, but doesn't sell aids, and am waiting to see if we can see her this week. Otherwise, no new molds for about 3 weeks! They both squeal.

To top all that off, my girls started their morning summer camps through Community Ed today. I put them on the bus and then drove to the Jr. High to make sure they found their classes okay. I got their 30 minutes early and then their bus was 20 minutes late. But my girls were not on the bus!!! They had gotten off at the previous stop, another school where the academic by invitation only summer school was taking place. After ranting to the bus driver, I raced over to that school, caused a mini scene as I got my girls out of the gym and then raced back to the Jr. High. By then all the kids had gone to their classes so we had to find their class. Now I'm super worried that they won't get off the bus at the right stop. We did go over that and that they were on the Green route many times this morning.

So I'm not having the best of days. Work isn't going so well either.

1 comment:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Laura..Thank you for the lovely comment about my WW award. Are you doing WW? If you would like a WW buddy, I would be more then glad to be your support. Julie Cochrane and I are also WW buddies. It really helps..we just email all the time. Please let me know. I really feel that the WW program has been helping me. I am very nervous out the BMI with China. I am currently trying to get that under 40...Let me tell you, it is not easy, but I really love the support I have been getting from my adoption buddy and my family. Good luck to with it. Email anytime if you just want to talk or anything. cdjames10@sbcglobal.net
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com