Sunday, July 22, 2007

8 Months Down, ?? to go.


Eight (八; accounting 捌; pinyin bā) is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth" (發; Pinyin: fā).


It actually doesn't seem like 8 months since my dossier was logged in. It's been almost a year since I started the paperchase. I guess I still feel lucky to have been able to even start the paperchase after having wanted to for so long. With Jessica, I waited 13.5 months from the first bit of paperwork until I had her in my arms. With Anna it was 16.5 months. I originally thought Amanda would come home around the time of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Now I know I probably won't even get her referral in 2008. Today, I'm okay with that. I'm enjoying the summer and enjoying spending time with my girls. I love their ages of 8 & 6. Of course that feeling may not last too long. At least it's 8 months less I have to wait.

1 comment: